Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Whole New Year!

I haven't posted in a couple months, because let's just be honest.. my life is not THAT exciting. I decided it was time though, so one day I don't look back and wonder where we went for a few months. :)

Well, Christmas has come and gone. It was here before I knew it, I am a last minute shopper for sure. At least for people other than my kids, I was even at Walgreens on Christmas morning to get one last thing! :) We are trying to make our own family traditions to have with our kids, and one thing we have done since they were born, (3 times now!) is go look at Christmas lights. I know EVERYONE does this at some point in December and it's nothing new, but I LOVE going with my hubby and my kids. We get some hot chocolate and then cruise around for an hour or two. This year we saw some pretty cool houses, we even found out about one place we missed and had to go over there on Christmas eve, around 10. Yes I know, anyone who knows me well knows my kids rarely stay up past their usual bed time. But there are always exceptions :) They thought it was fun and that is all that matters.
On Christmas morning all their presents were under the tree and they had a good time opening all their stuff from us, and aunts and uncles and grandparents. I am so lucky that my kids have so much love in their life. It is truly a wonderful thing. After everyone went home later in the morning, we just had a relaxing day and everyone took a nap, while I cleaned up everything and vacuumed, the mess was starting to make me twitch... (not literally). It was a good day.

The next morning we headed off to Idaho Falls, we flew there in a little airplane with my Dad, it comes in handy having a pilot in the family. Brett got to fly some, he thought it was pretty cool. My dad even let Braxton fly a little, posted pictures on facebook and I don't think people knew he was actually flying, my dad let go so he could do it. SCARY. But of course my dad was right there and it was funny, Braxton kept looking back at me with a huge smile. I love that little guy.

Then came New Years, not my favorite holiday by any means. I don't make resolutions, I don't really celebrate. One day I am determined to go to an amazing party and have the time of my life with my hubby, but with small kids, it is pretty laid back. My sister in law came over to hang out for a while and we watched movies and ate food :) That is celebration enough for me! Brett was at work until 2:30 or something, but I got a sweet text at midnight. The on New Years Day, we got up at 5 ish to get ready and get the kids up and go to Idaho Falls with Aunt Abbi and Uncle Bryon (Brett's brother and his wife). We went there to visit Brett's grandpa who is pretty sick, although I have to say he looked pretty dang good for what he is going through, I won't get into details but I have to say I am lucky to know such a wonderful man and I have grateful for the time I have gotten to know him. He is a very special guy.

I am looking forward to another amazing year with my wonderful family. We will be having our 2 year anniversary soon and I couldn't be happier, it's not possible. I can't believe we have been married that long already and have many more years to come. What an amazing life I have. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year! That's all for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment