Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sad Times..

This week has been a very sad week in our house as well as in all of the family on Brett's side. Grandpa Don, who is Brett's grandpa died on Sunday, he put up a hard fight against a terrible cancer called Mesothelioma. He had a lung removed this summer and we all thought that he was making a good come back, until right around Christmas it got bad again. He was given 2 months to live. I remember when my grandpa died and I was in 7th grade and it was so hard and I can't imagine how hard it is for Brett having had all this time to know his grandpa. I was lucky enough to get pretty close with grandpa Don while he was here all summer for radiation. He is truly a wonderful man and will be missed by many. He will always be remembered as a kind and amazing father, brother, grandpa, and great grandpa.. and friend.

Brett's great grandma also died this week, she died on Monday. She had been in a coma for a few days, just bad timing I guess. Grandma Sue (in the picture) had to lose her husband one day and her mom the next. I cannot even wrap my mind around how she is dealing with this. She is strong. I didn't know Brett's great grandma well, but I know she was loved. I know her and grandpa Don are both in a better place, and it will all seem better as time goes on, but for now it's hard. Hard seeing people in my family hurt, hard trying to think of something to tell my kids so they don't ask if grandpa Don feels better in front of people, hard knowing they won't ever get the chance to know these people.

I am grateful to have the memories I do to pass on, as well as all Brett's memories from growing up. I love my family so much and don't want a day to go by that they don't know that.

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness. you were just tellin me bout them both. So sorry.. Thinking of your fam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww! im so sorry thats must be so hard! miss you girly!

    ReplyDelete