Tuesday, November 8, 2011

DIY.

I have been trying my hand at do it yourself things lately. Everything I try looked so good before I tried to copy it! BUT I am trying and having fun with it. I have millions of ideas and I am constantly looking for the next thing I can afford to change up around my house. (Thanks to Pinterest for making me think I can do any craft!) I recently added some black Ikea spice racks to the playroom to hold some of the books we have piled up in a basket, I think they turned out pretty good. I bought 6 of them, and didn't really have the space for 6 in the playroom so I decided to put one in each of the kids rooms, of course Brooklyn's is always done first... I don't know why I have so much more fun adding things to her room than Braxton's.... Needless to say, I found a cheap old nightstand and decided to paint it white for Brooklyn and hang the spice rack shelf painted pink above it, I promise I will find a little night stand for Braxton too, but for now I am just painting his shelf. I have a before picture of the night stand, I hope no one ever looks up close at the after.... looks better from afar :) That's all for now!

spice rack book shelves in playroom


Old night stand BEFORE


Old nightstand AFTER

2 comments:

  1. PS-- I would just like to add that I used a REAL sander on this night stand, I was a little nervous using a power tool besides the drill (cause I am pro with a drill) BUT I got that thing down and waiting for the next thing I get to sand to fall into my lap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that nightstand turned our SO cute! and i love those little bookshelves. crafts and DIY projects are SUPER fun. i don't have any tools...so my projects are really limited. hopefully someday i'll be able to unleash all my idea! LOL.

    ReplyDelete