Saturday, September 17, 2011

Halloween Hater. . .

HALLOWEEN! 
I have never been a fan of Halloween, yeah when I was little and dressed up and got lots of candy of course I loved it, but since I have stopped trick-or-treating it is not as fun. BUT this year I decided that needs to change, its such a fun holiday if you let it be. I mean it doesn't have to be about getting candy and scary things. I am going to decorate my house with "cute" decor for Halloween. HAPPY pumpkins, HAPPY ghosts, HAPPY bats etc. My kids have already colored some pumpkins, but I am waiting for a little bit longer to put them in the window. 


What really inspired me to stop being such a party pooper about Halloween was a magazine I picked up at target, and when I say picked up, I mean I put it on with my moms stuff since I wasn't buying anything... only for her to say later, "Oh, looks like I bought a magazine." Yeah thanks Mom! Well in this magazine, there are TONS of cute ideas on simple ways of putting a fun touch of the good ol ghost and goblin spirit on your home. So I got all excited. I can do this! AND THEN, I decided to completely step out of my comfort zone and throw a Halloween party! (Let's be honest, entertaining people my age terrifies me, but I think I can handle kids) So its going to be fore kids. Can't say what exactly I am planning because it has to be a surprise for my other mommy friends. But I really hope that everyone who can come has fun. All I can say is, there will be goody bags, who doesn't love a goody bag? :) 


Well I think that about sums it up for my Halloween excitement. I will take pictures of our decorations when we get them up! HAPPY FALL (almost) to EVERYONE! :)

1 comment:

  1. Halloween really is a fun holiday! I wish we still lived in our house so I could decorate more! Have fun planning your party! I am sure it will be a lot of fun for the kiddos!

    September 18, 2011 11:49 AM

    ReplyDelete