Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Miss Stephanie


            




 Last week we had a little friend Stephanie who was staying with us for a while. She left on Friday afternoon, and let me tell you... right after she drove off I cried like a baby! She is Brett's second cousin, and she is a doll. So sweet and so helpful with the kids, and so polite. I don't want to say much about her home life on here, other than it's not the best. I wanted to keep her here for the school year but it really wasn't an option :( The first couple days she was here I was feeling a little bit overwhelmed having to entertain another kid who didn't stay entertained like 2 year old, or by the same things. After she got used to how we do things around here and what not, she was so fun to have around. She will keep ya on your toes for sure. All I can really say is I had a lot of fun with her, and even though she wasn't here that long I actually learned a few things from her. For one, I learned a lot of patience, you'd think I would be full of that by now with 2 year old twins! Really though, its something I have been trying to work on for a long time now. BUT I didn't want her to see me lose my cool AT ALL with my kids or about anything, because why would I want a 9 year old who already has a crappy home life to be here and feel awkward when I get upset at my kids? Exactly. So I don't think I got "upset" at all. Of course my kids chose that week to both be extra bratty, I don't know if it is cause they were out of the normal thing by having someone else here 24/7, or what.. but they were something else! AND for another lesson learned, which I hate admitting, but swearing... I mean its not like I walk around swearing all the time, but it slips out and I have been working on it anyway since my kids are starting to talk a lot, but I really worked on it in front of her! I didn't want her thinking it was okay to swear so I was setting a good example :) Haha and I did good! But all in all, she was a fun little friend to have around, and I will really miss her. And so will both the kids, Braxton still wakes up from his nap and says "Steffie?" Then runs to the playroom to see if she is in here, breaks my heart. At least we made some fun memories :)

Other than having Steph here with us for a little bit our summer has been pretty low key, long hot days in the back yard, occasional trips to walmart or target, grilled cheese and swimming with friends and hanging out with Brett's grandparents while they are in town. It has been nice. Other than my car AC breaking a couple of times, and the colds that two little people caught in our house it has been the best summer I can remember :)




2 comments:

  1. first of all : hahahahah that picture of braxton in the stroller! ah that boy.

    2. steph cut her hair!!!!! looks so cute!!

    3. you are an amazing person paige!! i don't think you give yourself enough credit! you are a beautiful person inside and out woman!!
    yay for lessons from unexpected places :)
    i just love you girl!. kletshangout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha awe Michelle, you are so sweet. :) Made my day that you said that, and I have to tell you something, I was talking to Brett on the phone while I was reading what you wrote, and I said AWE THANKS OUT LOUD TO HIM, like in my mind I wanted to tell you thanks and it just came out, he was like what? Hahaha OOPS. Oh and isn't that pic of Braxton the best? He was busting up laughing and I walked in there and found that :) OK YEAH LETS HANG OUT! Whenever. Wherever.

    ReplyDelete