Thursday, July 28, 2011

First Time For Everything!


These pictures have nothing to do with this post, but they are funny so why not?

So this weekend on Saturday, we are going camping. For one night, but this is a first. I have been to girls camp, but I decided if someone prepares all your meals and activities and you sleep in cabins, is it really camping? My parents said that we went camping once when I was young, but I don't remember it! I need the memories! I know my kids aren't going to remember this, but I will take pictures to prove it, in case we don't do it again. Ha. I am a little nervous... I have to pack food, entertainment, clothes, etc for 2 little people and of course Brett and I, but I am sure I will forget something very important. Anyway, don't make fun of me for not being a camper. I like the clean indoors and no bugs and air conditioning. I am going to give it my best shot to make the most of it and try not to cringe when one of my kiddos brings me a bug or is covered in dirt... besides, stains fear me. I am the queen of stains so that's really not a worry, but I DON'T KNOW PEOPLE! If anyone has any advice for a new-to-camping person, please share. Wish us luck! I will post pictures next week if we make it back! :)

3 comments:

  1. hahahah i love you paige! it'll be so fun.. and they are the perfect age for beginner campers! they'll have a blast.. just enjoy the outdoors.. though i'll admit... i love camping!! but HATE the bugs.. seriously..
    advice.. don't forget flashlights.. WHO Knows.. maybe ya forgot ... haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are BRAVE! We went camping last month, and I hate camping, but it ended up being not too bad. When you see how much fun your kids are having, it makes it SOO much easier to have a good time doing something you may not love. Good luck remembering everything . . . I forgot paper towels and soap (but remembered the antibacterial stuff).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankfully Brett's parents are coming with their trailer, so anything I don't have, they will! But I didn't even think about flashlights! Haha I need to make a list! :)

    ReplyDelete